Monday, December 8, 2008

To the Pure...

To the pure all things are pure, but to the defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure;both their minds and their consciences are defiled. They profess to know God, but they deny him by their works. They are detestable, disobedient, unfit for any good work. Titus 1:15-16

Key verse out of my reading this morning and I did not have time to journal, so there you have it. Last night I fell into ritual and once again I find my actions contradicting what I profess to believe!
If we are those that know God then how we live must be directly related and reflective of our knowing. I need to know more for often my actions do not reflect whom I say is my Lord. To be a Christian is to be a small Christ, a representative of heaven, being the hands and feet of Jesus to this world.

If your members are one in the same with Christ then why do we mix Christ's members with that of a prostitutes!

Lord we need to know you more, I ask for your grace and your purity from the blood of your son. Do not look upon my impurity! Cover it with the blood of Jesus. Touch me today, that all I do lines up with you, my Lord, my king, father, savior, lover and friend. I want to represent you well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

brilliant! you have a blog! i'm so excited for you(o:

by the way, wonderful post.
you are starting to sound like C.H. Spurgeon.(o: keep seeking the heart of God.

"finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are PURE, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things..."
~phillipians 4:8