Sunday, November 29, 2009

Embraces like Bullets

A Friend from place speaks destination,
From city creates fantasy,
Their home, our dream.

Time and conversation
I have food you do not know about...
To do the work of my father.
Love revealed in her.

Dorm of acquaintances,
Barracks of brotherhood,
Home is family,
Friend in fantasy.

Dreams compel hearts and hands
To leave father and mother
Become one flesh

To make home anew
One step closer to heaven
Your kingdom come

Man, master, mission, mate
Genesis as thesis
Jesus the argument
Spirit like breath

GOD as GOD

Father make my destination you
The city on a hill
Not Portland, Nashville, or Paris
My dream, Love is you.

You and I and her
Freedom in labor
Mission minded dreamer
Adrenaline in embraces like bullets,

Grace tangible, the cross
My gun, my books, running shoes.
The resurrection life
Time and conversation

Love revealed in him
For her….my flesh.

No comments: